Difference between revisions of "Working with Git"
From phpBB Development Wiki
(Some Git instruction)
Revision as of 20:45, 2 March 2010
To perform a read only clone
git clone git://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3.git
- master: Mainline for releases
- develop: Development branch for the next feature release
- develop-olympus: Development branch of named release
Developers should fork a copy of the repository on GitHub from  and then clone as instructed by GitHub.
- E-mail address:
git config --add user.email email@example.com
Ensure you are using the correct develop branch first and not a master branch.
- git branch bug/12345 # Create a new branch for your bug fix
- git checkout bug/12345 # Switch to the new branch
- Make your changes
- git add <files> # Stage the files
- git commit -m "Message" # Commit staged files
- git push origin bug/12345 # Push the branch back to github[/list]