From phpBB Development Wiki
Revision as of 13:21, 28 September 2013 by Bantu
This page highlights user-visible changes in phpBB 3.0.12
For a complete list of changes, please refer to this report.
Notable Changes / Bug Fixes
- The custom BBCode token LOCAL_URL now prefixes the URL with the board's domain/path to ensure its behaviour is as described. The custom BBCode token RELATIVE_URL has been added which behaves as the former LOCAL_URL but with a correct explanation of what it matches. See PHPBB3-8319.
- The moderator permission "Can approve posts" no longer implies the forum permission "Can post without approval". Moderators have to go through post approval like any other user. See PHPBB3-10880.
- On MySQL InnoDB a Fulltext Search Index can now be created if the MySQL version is 5.6.4 or higher. See PHPBB3-11583.
- Very long passwords (longer than 4096 characters/bytes) are now rejected by the password hashing function in order to save resources. See PHPBB3-11873.
- By default it is no longer possible to send private messages to Bots, unless the "Allow users to send you private messages" preference setting is explicitly set to "Yes". Existing bots are updated to no longer receive PMs. See PHPBB3-10184.
- The Bot/Spider list has been updated. See PHPBB3-10897.
- Improved compatibility with recent PHP versions. See PHPBB3-11301 and PHPBB3-11361.