From phpBB Development Wiki
Automated testing can not reproduce every test case or configuration experienced by the end user. Therefore, it is important that phpBB users test each software change - customisations, patches, and release updates - to ensure the software works as intended.
This page is not meant to describe how to perform testing; only what to test. Below is a brief summary of tests which exercise the phpBB software.
Register a new member. If the test configuration does not have a working email service, such as testing on localhost, then manually activate the new registration from the Administration Control Panel.
- Create a new topic
- Add a new post
- Report a post
- Receive notifications
- Send Private Messages
- Configure items in the User Control Panel.
- Edit member posts
- Disposition posts waiting approval
- Disposition reported posts
- Ban members
- Receive notifications - posts to be reviewed, reported posts
- Warn a member
- Add to a member's user notes
- Verify extensions work as intended
- Purge the system cache
- Edit a forum configuration
- Edit a forum permission
- Prune a user
- Edit a custom profile field
- Check the logs for errors due to the software change. This includes the site error logs, such as Apache or MySQL.